ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DETAILS
- Abstracts MUST be submitted in English.
- Abstract title should be in BLOCK CAPITALS
- The content should be original and not presented previously
- A blind selection process will be used to review papers
- The Review Committee reserves the right to accept abstracts on alternate presentation types to what has been submitted.
ABSTRACT BODY FORMAT
1. Must be 300 words or less, inclusive of title, author(s) name(s), institutional affiliation(s) and references.
2. Please do not use abbreviations unless defined in the abstract.
3. All submissions should be in Microsoft Word format.
4. Content should include the following sections:
- Background and Aims include one or two sentences to introduce the broad topic area and provide a reason for the study.
- Provide a clear statement of the aims of the study.
- A hypothesis could be included in this section
In this section information on participants (and/or subjects) should be provided. This may include the number of participants, demographic information such as age and gender as well as the method of recruitment (i.e. a random sample or a convenient sample). Study inclusion and exclusion criteria should be included in this section as well as a sample size calculation if presenting a randomized clinical trial. Measures and procedures used in the study are described in this section.
Descriptions of analyses appear in the methods section.
The purpose of the result section is to provide a description of the main findings of the study. Submitted abstracts must include actual results. Results should be expressed as means or medians and the spread of the results indicated as ranges, standard deviations or 95% confidence intervals as appropriate.
In this section you should provide statements of interpretation and implication of findings, as well as comparison with previous literature. It should not be a simple restatement of the results.